$1 smartphone in Africa? This must be a joke. We know that might probably be the first thing that came to your mind when you saw the headline.
This is no joke and this is well beyond imagination. With jut $1 or N500 (for Nigerians), you can get yourself this beautiful affordable Android smartphone.
BeepTool CIS Limited is a team composed of members from various backgrounds including ICT, fintech, operations and administration with a combined experience of more than 20 years. The rallying point is the drive to develop solution(s) that will drive financial and communication inclusion in Africa, reduce poverty and provide a platform of maximum expression for the African life.
The company unveiled Oyi-1 yesterday, 30th November in Abuja, an affordable smartphone for people living under N750 ($2) a day.
The idea behind the affordable smartphone is one in which smartphone manufacturing and logistics costs are covered by investors and stakeholders and handed to users who live on less than $2 a day. The smartphone is preloaded with advertising services platform capable of generating revenue for investors and stakeholders to cover the cost of the smartphone and further revenue for investors and stakeholders.
Oyi-1 4G LTE smartphone comes with some exciting specs:
- Android™ 7.0 Nougat Operating system
- Reinforced Frame & Screen, Unbeatable Value,
- Screen: 5inch FWVGA 854*480
- 4G LTE Dual SIM (Dual-SIM): Micro SIM + Nano SIM
- Memory/Storage: 1GB RAM /Built-in: 8GB, Micro-SD (Support up to 32GB)
- Processor: MT6580 1.3GHz Quad-Core
- Frequency Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 |WCDMA 900/2100 |FDD-LTE B1//3/7/20
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n Dual-SIM Bluetooth 4.1 3.5mm Headset Jack
- Dimensions: 144.1 x 71.9 x 9.8 (mm)
- Camera: Rear: 5MPx ; Front: 2MPx
- A long battery life: (2000mAh plus one extra) USB
- GPS: Support and Durable 4G Smartphone
Interested in getting this phone for yourself or someone you know? Check out company’s website.
Image Credits: beeptool