On May 2, Facebook Developer Circles kicked off the 2018 Community Challenge, an online Hackathon. Facebook’s goal is to bring together developers and community leaders from across the globe to create solutions that help people build community, impact the environment positively and bring the world closer together. The first place winner will walk away with up to $30,000 in prizes.
Registered participants will be asked to create solutions that use at least one Facebook developer product, such as Groups API, Messenger or React. Bonus prizes will be given to participants who build the best solutions for bridging online connections with offline experiences, growing a community, and driving engagement within a community.
Developers are invited to compete locally within one of the seven outlined regions of
- North America,
- Latin America,
- Asia Pacific,
- Sub Saharan Africa,
- Middle East/North Africa, and
Each of the regional winners will continue to the next phase of the Global challenge.
Here’s how to register for the challenge:
- Register for the Developer Circles Community Challenge here.
- Join the Developer Community Challenge Facebook Group here.
- Join your local Developer Circle to collaborate with other developers.
- Check out the Facebook tools you can build with on the Resources tab.
- Create a two-minute demo video that demonstrates your solution’s features and functionality.
- Submit your project to the Challenge website by July 26, 2018, 2pm PST.
We wish you the best as you apply for this challenge.